Monday, April 4, 2016

"Mother, Can You Not?" : A Book Review

"Mother, Can You Not?" is the best way I've recently spent a handful of hours. Kate Siegel is witty, good-humored, likable, and instantly relatable.
In the pursuit of being straight-forward, this book is definitely pg-13. There are numerous sexual topics and bawdy discussions - which anyone who has even seen the Instagram account that started it all @crazyjewishmom should not be surprised by.
However, with that grain of salt taken, I really enjoyed it. The stories are the exact amount of insanity that have me entirely convinced that not only did these things happen to Kate and Ms. Friedman, but if things go my way they could happen to me too.
Going into this book, I thought I would be Kate - gently shaking my head at the crazy antics of her mom - but it turned out that in reality I'm quickly growing into Kim... And I'm increasingly ok with that.
FYI, I got this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for the review but all the opinions in the review are totally true and totally mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment